Expected Learning Outcomes
· Implement and infer Ordinary Least Square (OLS) Regression using R
· Apply statistical and machine learning based regression models to deals with problems such as multi-collinearity
· Carry out variable selection and assess model accuracy using techniques like cross-validation
· Implement and infer Generalized Linear Models (GLMS), using logistic regression as a binary classifier
· Build Machine Learning based regression models and test their robustness in R
· Learn accurate application of Machine Learning models
· Compare different Machine Learning algorithms for regression modelling
Regression analysis is one of the core aspects of both statistical and machine learning based analysis. With this course, you will learn regression analysis for both statistical data analysis and machine learning in R in a practical hands-on manner. It explains the relevant concepts in a practical manner from basic to expert level. This course can help you achieve better grades, give you a new analysis tools for your academic career, implement your knowledge in a work setting or make business forecasting related decisions.
This course is based on years of regression modelling experience and implementing different regression models on real life data. This course does not merely teach the students about basic aspects of regression analysis, you will go all the way from implementing and inferring simple OLS (ordinary least square) regression models to dealing with issues of multi-collinearity in regression to machine learning based regression models.
Become a Regression Analysis Expert and Harness the Power of R for Your Analysis
· Get started with R and RStudio. Install these on your system, learn to load packages and read in different types of data in R
· Perform data cleaning and data visualization using R
· Implement ordinary least square (OLS) regression in R and learn how to interpret the results.
· Learn how to deal with multi-collinearity both through variable selection and regularization techniques such as ridge regression
· Perform variable and regression model selection using both statistical and machine learning techniques, including using cross-validation methods.
· Evaluate regression model accuracy
· Implement generalized linear models (GLMs) such as logistic regression and Poisson regression. Use logistic regression as a binary classifier to distinguish between male and female voices.
· Use non-parametric techniques such as Generalized Additive Models (GAMs) to work with non-linear and non-parametric data.
· Work with tree-based machine learning models
· Implement machine learning methods such as random forest regression and gradient boosting machine regression for improved regression prediction accuracy.
· Perform model selection
Become a Regression Analysis Pro and Apply Your Knowledge on Real-Life Data
This course will help you acquire the knowledge of statistical and machine learning analysis. Specifically, the course will:
a) Teach the students with a basic level of statistical knowledge to perform some of the most common advanced regression analysis based techniques
b) Equip students to use R for performing the different statistical and machine learning data analysis and visualization tasks
c) Introduce some of the most important statistical and machine learning concepts to students in a practical manner such that the students can apply these concepts for practical data analysis and interpretation
d) Provide students with a strong background in some of the most important statistical and machine learning concepts for regression analysis
e) Teach students to decide which regression analysis techniques are best suited to answer their research questions and applicable to their data and interpret the results
It is a practical, applied course, i.e. we will spend some time dealing with some of the theoretical concepts related to both statistical and machine learning regression analysis. However, the majority of the course will focus on implementing different techniques on real data and interpreting the results. After each section, you will learn a new concept or technique which you may apply to your own projects.
About Your Instructor
Eskills Academy is a platform that offers self-paced course (video and text) design by the best in their industry. Our goal is to help you improve your career choices and excel in every field that you wihs to choose for yourself.
Our team is keen group of members that value put their best foot forward to bring you lessons that you will love to learn in a fast and interactive way. Our collection of courses from various field of study save your time, money and break down each lesson in the simplest way so you can learn at your pace with affordability.
Student Feedback & Reviews
Online courses are a blessing for me. Eskills Academy gave me so many options to learn in my free time and excel in my performance at work.
The course was fun to learn and there was no pressure at all with timings. I kept learning at my own pace and now using the lessons in my practical life.
I was looking for courses to refresh some basics and get some tips on doing things in a new way. The courses are well taught and I can now practice them without much help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I access the course?
All you need is a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer and you will be able to access the course from any computer, tablet, or mobile device.
Is there a specific time duration to complete this course?
Learning with Eskills Academy is super easy. No limitation on-time duration so you learn easily at your own pace and convenience.
Do I get a certificate?
Yes, when you complete the course you will receive a certificate of completion, which you can happily add to your resume or LinkedIn profile.
In what cases will I be eligible for a refund?
All Eskills Academy courses come with Teachable backed 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the purchased course, refunds are applicable as per our terms mentioned on the website.
What prior knowledge do I need to attend the teacher-led class?
At least six months of professional PC configuration and troubleshooting experience.
How can I access my course materials if I choose this method?
Upon receipt of payment, Eskills will send you an email with all the links and information you need to get started.
What content on-demand will I get?
You will have access to official CompTIA On-Demand content that is constantly updated so you can prepare for your A + exam and stay informed of any content changes during your subscription period.
What laboratories do I have access to?
Gains access to [enter number] preconfigured A + curriculum labs.
How many practice tests are included?
4A + accredited practice exams are included.
How do I plan my teacher-led training?
As soon as payment has been received, you will receive the details of your training package with unlimited access by email. At this point, you can call or email our customer service team to help you register for the event date you have chosen.