The digital world has revolutionized how we live, work and play. However, it's a digital world that is constantly open to attack, and because there are so many potential attackers, we need to ensure we have the right security in place to prevent systems and networks being compromised. Unfortunately, there is no single method that can successfully protect against every single type of attack. This is where a defense in depth architecture comes into play.
This course covers a wide knowledge of using defence in depth model and its best practices. It introduces threats and attacks and the many ways they can show up. It will give you some background of encryption algorithms and how they’re used to safeguard data. The course will cover primary concepts in detail:
- System Hardening
- Application Hardening
- Various authentication systems and types
What’s in it for you?
The course is rounded out by putting all these elements together into a multi-layered, in-depth security architecture, followed by recommendations on how to integrate a culture of security into your organization or team. At the end of this course, you’ll understand:
- how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations.
- various authentication systems and types.
- the difference between authentication and authorization.
- how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk.
- best practices for securing a network.
Who should enroll?
Beginner level cyber security analysts and professionals interested in data security management techniques are highly recommended to enroll this course to progress in their journey.